What is Rock the House?
Rock The House is a music competition with a political twist; supporting unsigned bands and artists, and at the same time it will raise awareness of the need for copyright protection measures and inform MPs and the general public as to the importance of copyright protection within the creative industries.
The two main sponsors are UK Music and Future Publishing alongside other various supporters such as Yamaha Music, Live Nation, Incorporated Society of Musicians, and many other music industry practitioners.
– A winners’ reception and performance at the House of Commons
– To perform live at top music venues and festivals in 2011-Win Yamaha gear and instruments
– The opportunity to record an original CD
– Chance to record a music video
– A photo shoot with an internationally published music photographer
– Receive invaluable PR and promotional exposure
– Network with top industry professionals
– Receive a master class from a top sound and lighting engineer
– Lots of other runner up prizes
Alexander Pick – a regular tv session artist who has performed on Top of The Pops, CDUK and This Morning, and has played in the bands for Westlife, Delta Goodren, Alexandra Burke and Girls Aloud. He has also performed with Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, members of the Alice Cooper Band, Carleen Anderson and more.
Scott McGill – a progressive fusion/rock guitarist who has worked with some of the best musicians and producers in the industry. He has been making albums and touring as a solo artist and freelance player since 1990 and he is currently the BA (hons) Course Leader at BIMM Brighton. Scott also writes a monthly guitar column for Guitar Player and Guitar Techniques Magazines.
Tim Ridgway – Argus reporter and a great supporter of Rock The House.
More special guest judges to be announced.
How to Apply
At least one band member must have an address in Hove & Portslade. Bands can apply through the website www.rockthehouse.me.uk and send their applications either by post or email:
109 Church Road
The successful applicants will perform live at the Latest Music Bar in Brighton on April 17th from 7pm in front of a judging panel. The winner will represent Hove and Portslade within the nationwide competition Rock The House!